In January I made a list of books I wanted to read this year.
Books have been added or completely scratched from the list, but the idea was just to have some goals and a list to turn to when I was ready for something new to read…so far I’ve really been plugging away! It’s been great to be more intentional about reading good material and turning to books rather than Netflix for entertainment sometimes… 🙂
Revised 2011 Reading List:
A Tale of Two Cities | Charles Dickens. Middle March | George Elliot. Home By Choice | Dr. Brenda Hunter. A Voice in the Wind | Francine Rivers. Verses of Virtue | edited by Elizabeth Beall Phillips. Weight of Glory | C.S. Lewis. Leota’s Garden | Francine Rivers. And the Shofar Blew | Francine Rivers. Be Still My Soul | Elisabeth Elliot. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader | C.S. Lewis.
- Hudson Taylor | Vance Christie.
- Raising Godly Tomatoes | L. Elizabeth Krueger.
- Chosen by God | R.C. Sproul.
- Sir Gibbie | George MacDonald.
- Life Together | Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
- As the Romans Did | Jo-Ann Shelton. Have begun this book and found it very interesting – it may be more of a “resource” book and not so much a read-through, but we’ll see.
- War and Peace | Leo Tolstoy. Started this book this week, and am through the first 100 of 1386 pages! Sheesh!
- Crime and Punishment | Fyodor Dostoevsky.
- Art & Soul | Hilary Brand & Adrienne Chaplin.
- Spiritual Parenting | C.H. Spurgeon.
- Truth & Imagination | John Keats.
- Forgotten God | Francis Chan.
- Mansfield Park | Jane Austen.
- Bringing Up Boys | James Dobson.
- Bringing Up Girls | James Dobson.
- My Dearest Friend: Letters of Abigail and John Adams | John, Abigail Adams.
- An Echo in the Darkness | Francine Rivers.
- Loving the Little Years: Motherhood in the Trenches | Rachel Jankovic.