A 2011 Reading List
- A Tale of Two Cities | Charles Dickens. A Christmas gift! Already begun reading…Dickens amazes me.
- The Voyage of the Dawn Treader | C.S. Lewis
- Weight of Glory | C.S. Lewis
- God’s Polished Arrow | Michael McMullen. A biography of W.C. Burns written by a professor from MBTS. Have already read half and just need to finish it!
- Raising Godly Tomatoes | L. Elizabeth Krueger. Parenting book recommended by a friend…
- Chosen by God | R.C. Sproul. Recommended by my cousin Zach.
- Sir Gibbie | George MacDonald. Currently reading together with Nels!
- The Notebook | Nicholas Sparks. I know…:)
- Leota’s Garden | Francine Rivers. Loved her “Redeeming Love”!
- Middlemarch | George Eliot
- Life Together | Dietrich Bonhoeffer. Almost finished!
- Be Still My Soul | Elisabeth Elliot. One of my most beloved authors.
- As the Romans Did | Jo-Ann Shelton. Lauded as a great resource in understanding the 1st Century & New Testament.
- Beside Every Successful Man | Meghan Basham. Re-reading/skimming this one!
- War and Peace | Leo Tolstoy. Daunting, but “Anna Karenina” was epic (in a tragic sort of way!).
- Crime and Punishment | Fyodor Dostoevsky. Seriously just need to finish this one already…almost done.
- Art & Soul | Hilary Brand & Adrienne Chaplin. Another re-read/skim.
- Spiritual Parenting | C.H. Spurgeon.
- Truth & Imagination | John Keats.
- Forgotten God | Francis Chan. Recently read his first book and thought the “profiles on the lukewarm” were excellent & convicting.
Well, in addition to this list I will have several school textbooks to read, and who knows what else! I go back and forth between feeling like this list is overwhelming and wondering if I should add more because I really do love to read…but we will see how the year plays out, and I can always skip a few or add something else. God only knows how much time I’ll have for reading but it feels good to have a list of what I’d like to read.
How about you, friends? Any books on your reading list for the year? Any other things that you want to accomplish this year? I have another list I am working on and will share with you soon hopefully, but today we are getting massive amounts of snow and I am hurriedly getting some tasks accomplished so this afternoon I can take my little girl out for her first snow day!…also, I’d like to experiment a little with wintery-white photography. Looking forward to it! 😉 Have a great day ~