Well, its Thursday – Day 5 of our “High Seas Expedition” VBS. It’s the last night before our closing ceremonies! *phew* It’s been a very hectic week. My poor little baby is tired of staying up past her bedtime in the church nursery (and I’m sure the nursery workers are tired of it too…), and I am glad today is my last day of trying to turn a classroom into a ship, a house or some other crazy thing! But it has been such a wonderful week. I feel so blessed to get to be a part of the kingdom work at Maple Hill Baptist Church!
A couple of highlights:
– a little girl yelling “hey, i know your real name!” when i was acting out a Rhoda skit
– one boy had trouble pronouncing “crafts” and went on and on about how fun “craps” were
– pretending to be Paul getting bit by a snake was quite fun
– we had water in the basement at the church during a storm the other night…talk about exciting times…
– a little boy came up to me and said “Hey! You’re the one who went to China. You told people about Jesus. I want to be like you!”…and no, I’ve never been to China, but I did speak to their class about missions (prior to VBS)
Well, I’m off to find blue cellophane and crepe paper…I appreciate your prayers for God to turn little hearts toward Him this week!