In the spirit of “Thanksgiving Week” I wanted to share some things I am thankful for today…I’d love to hear your list too! Leave me a note in the comments section if you’d like :)
- These verses from our sermon notes yesterday…“When life is heavy and hard to take, go off by yourself. Enter the silence. Bow in prayer. Don’t ask questions: Wait for hope to appear.” [Lamentations 3:28, the Message] “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.” [Isaiah 43:2, NIV]
- Sweet conversations with my kids this morning…including Kaya saying, “Ezra’s not hungry! He just wants to smile at his mama allll morning!”
- Two-year old Hudson who loves washing dishes with me.
- I am graduating from college in a few weeks! Amazing to me that it’s actually complete. God is so faithful.
- I have seen God’s love and provision for us as a family so much in the last year – and have been strengthened in faith because of it.
- Our little group of ladies at church is starting another Bible study. It’s thrilling to have a pursuit that is undoubtedly profitable, encouraging, challenging, etc. [Doing James: Mercy Triumphs by Beth Moore]
- At my two very lowest moments in the past several months, God brought random, surprise visitors to our home – showing his love for me through someone “with a little skin on” – just like a special blessing to encourage me.
- Unanswered prayers. I’m still curious (okay, sometimes anxious!) how certain things will work out, or how God will bring glory to Himself through some of the things I’ve prayed about and He’s chosen to not answer in the time or way that I had hoped. He’s giving me faith to trust Him and shun bitterness and resentment from my heart. The words of this hymn have encouraged me to that end: Trusting in my Father’s wise bestowment, I’ve no cause for worry or for fear. He Whose heart is kind beyond all measure, Gives unto each day what He deems best—”
- Fun photo shoots!! I was blessed to get some new editing software as a graduation gift, and further blessed to get together with some families to capture memories and build my portfolio. I am learning a ton and enjoyed it very much.
- Family in driving distance. My parents live less than an hour away and Nels’ parents live a half-day’s drive away. We feel richly blessed to be relatively near these relatives, especially while our children are so young.
- I love my “job”…while “Head-bum-wiper” is among my titles and my hands generally smell like dish soap, it is tremendously rewarding and challenging. Lately God has given me lots of inspiration for ways I want to grow in homemaking through learning about natural remedies, building holiday traditions, increasing in skill in cooking and music, learning and praying through what style of home education fits us best. It’s a joy to serve my family and my Lord in these ways! I’m thankful too that He encourages my heart and gives me wisdom when the task feels too monumentally huge.
- A vehicle that is running and not constantly terrifying us! We’ve had some scary experiences, and I am so thankful for our car running smoothly and keeping us safe on the road.